In this article, you’ll learn how to install ITBOOST ConnectWise Control Extension in your ConnectWise control portal and configure it in ITBOOST.
ConnectWise Control Extension
Installing ITBOOST ConnectWise Control Extension will eliminate the issues like version mismatch, browser compatibility and extensions.
- 1. Login into your ConnectWise control portal.
- 2. Go into your admin panel.
- 3. In your Administration panel, click on Extensions.
- 4. Click on Browse Online extensions on the top right corner of screen to browse the available extensions.
- 5. Find the ITBOOST integration extension in online extensions and install the extension.
- 6. After installation this extension will appear in the Extensions list.
Note: Please make sure that the installed extension is Enabled.
ConnectWise Control Integration requires the user to fill in the below details.
- A valid ConnectWise Control (ScreenConnect) portal user with rights to access the “Access” channel in the portal.
- A private key required for authentication and further remote connections.
- Server URL through which ITBoost will establish a connection.
- Default Group is the Collection of Machines that has no filter applied on it inside the Access Channel of the ConnectWise Control portal. Normally, this is “All Machines”, “Default” or “Catch all”. This is case sensitive.
Creating the user
- Goto Administration from the left side bar menu.
- Click on Security and expand the Show user table option.
- Then click on Create User link and create a user for this Integration with Administrator role.
Retrieve the Private Key from the server
- Log in to your ScreenConnect Server. Browse to the install location. e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\ScreenConnect.
- Open web.config file in a text editor (e.g. Notepad).
- Using the search, please locate AsymmetricKey tag.
- Copy the text of the Value between the quotes “”.
Server URL is the ConnectWise Control (ScreenConnect) Portal URL. It should be something like https://domainname.com:8040. 8040 is the default port for ConnectWise Control. Some companies change this and use port forwarding to the Internal server. Incase the port is forwarded then there is no need to append the 8040 port at the end of the URL.
Default Group is the Collection of Machines that has no filter applied on it inside the Access Channel of the ConnectWise Control portal. Normally, this is “All Machines“, “Default” or “Catch all“. This is case sensitive.